Scouts aims to build and develop young people’s confidence, sense of adventure and outdoor skills, as well as encouraging them to explore their beliefs and attitudes and be creative. It offers them the independence to put these skills into practice at camps and area events.
Scouts are encouraged to work together and take the lead on all sorts of projects, from community based work to planning games and activities for their meetings.
If you would like to join us please contact us but please be aware that we have a waiting list and have to give priority to children moving up from our Cub section.
Just joined us? Click here for all the information you need.
We are using Online Scout Manager (OSM) to help us with the administration of our cub pack. When your child joins the 3rd South Shields Sea Scout Group you will receive an email with a link to OSM parent login. Follow the instructions and you will be able to check and update your child's personal details and emergency contact information. You will be able to see notices, program details and information. The system even lets you book and pay online for subscriptions, and events such as camp, competitions and visits.
Easier for you and easier for us!
The Purpose of Scouting
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
The Values of Scouting
As Scouts we are guided by these values:
- Integrity - We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal
- Respect - We have self-respect and respect for others.
- Care - We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
- Belief - We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
- Cooperation - We make a positive difference; we cooperate with others and make friends.
The Scout Method
Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
- enjoy what they are doing and have fun;
- take part in activities indoors and outdoors;
- learn by doing;
- share in spiritual reflection;
- take responsibility and make choices;
- undertake new and challenging activities; and
- make and live by their Promise.
Every year our Scouts take part in, and often win! these District and County events.
Click the links below to find out more