Where girls and boys from 8 – 10½ years old have fun with a huge range of indoor and outdoor activities at the Sailing Club in South Shields on Tuesdays from 18:00 – 19:30 during term time.
If you would like to join us please contact us but please be aware that we have a waiting list and have to give priority to children moving up from our Beaver section.
Just joined us? Click here for all the information you need.
We are using Online Scout Manager (OSM) to help us with the administration of our cub pack. When your child joins the 3rd South Shields Sea Scout Group you will receive an email with a link to OSM parent login. Follow the instructions and you will be able to check and update your child’s personal details and emergency contact information. You will be able to see notices, program details and information. The system even lets you book and pay online for subscriptions, and events such as camp, competitions and visits.
Easier for you and easier for us!
The Purpose of Scouting
Scouting exists to actively engage and support young people in their personal development, empowering them to make a positive contribution to society.
The Values of Scouting
As Scouts we are guided by these values:
- Integrity – We act with integrity; we are honest, trustworthy and loyal
- Respect – We have self-respect and respect for others.
- Care – We support others and take care of the world in which we live.
- Belief – We explore our faiths, beliefs and attitudes.
- Cooperation – We make a positive difference; we cooperate with others and make friends.
The Scout Method
Scouting takes place when young people, in partnership with adults, work together based on the values of Scouting and:
- enjoy what they are doing and have fun;
- take part in activities indoors and outdoors;
- learn by doing;
- share in spiritual reflection;
- take responsibility and make choices;
- undertake new and challenging activities; and
- make and live by their Promise.
Every year our cub pack takes part in, and often wins! these District and County events.
There is a range of badges and awards available to young people in the Cub Scout Section. We will work towards many of these during pack activities, but some you can do at home.